[Market-farming] Hoop houses

Carol Thomas eglatyne at tds.net
Mon Mar 2 12:31:07 EST 2015

 Hi all, regarding greenhouses and hoop houses, first buy the best you can afford and you will get a lot of use out of it. also buy as big as you are able. You will fill it up.  Hoop houses: there are good plans for hoop houses with Johnny's and Mother earth news and for hoop houses plastic framing is almost as good as metal and much cheaper. If possible use rigid plastic on the ends. A good GH kit comes from companies who specialize in GH's  I have three GHs and 3 hoop houses and I have my own plans for a hoop house, but it's not the type to attach to a building. I have been selling out of my GHs all winter. It keeps the wolf fromthe door. Carol Thomas, Sweet Briar