[Market-farming] Abnormal tomato plant development

Beth Spaugh lists at rhomestead.com
Mon Jul 13 22:52:04 EDT 2015

Probably not late blight if the plants aren't turning black -
http://www.longislandhort.cornell.edu/vegpath/photos/lateblight_tomato.htm

Plants need air as much as they need water.  I suspect as you mentioned
nutrients have leached out, and/or they just need to dry out and get
some air to their roots.