[Market-farming] Abnormal tomato plant development

Marlin Burkholder burkholders at glenecofarm.com
Mon Jul 6 21:40:41 EDT 2015

This year about one half of the plants of one of my open pollinated
indeterminate varieties started out looking healthy, set several clusters of
fruits, then abruptly lost its apical growing tip at about two feet height
and is no longer growing upward.  I have occasionally had a plant that did
this in past years but I just jerked it out and went on.  These plants have
enough vigor to grow out the few fruits they did set to decent size but
after that they will be toast.  Does anyone have a clue as to what might
cause this?