[Market-farming] Ginger

Beth Spaugh lists at rhomestead.com
Fri Feb 27 22:14:57 EST 2015

Our ginger came this week.  Gorgeous.  The roots were cold but
apparently not damaged.  Not so fortunate with some grated tomato plants
this week.  They rode around in a UPS truck until early afternoon.  Then
the driver just left them on our front porch. Luckily I was having late
lunch in the house so retrieved them.  But he didn't even ring the
doorbell.  Just left them.  WIth big big big "Live Plants - Perishable"
on all four sides of the box.  Granted, it was a warmer day, in the low
teens, but... They were well wrapped, but less than half came through
unscathed.  Those are beautiful though.  Replacements coming next week,
hopefully with better luck.

On 2/27/2015 8:00 PM, Deb Taft wrote:

> I got mine today too!  Looks good.  Hard to wrap my head around it
> being time already with a foot of snow out there and a forecast of 4
> overnight.
>

> On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 6:58 PM, Wiediger, Alison
> <alison.wiediger at hart.kyschools.us
> <mailto:alison.wiediger at hart.kyschools.us>> wrote:
>
>     Ours were on the way for a week!  But when they finally arrived,
>     were in good shape.
>
>     Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm
>
>     Sent from my iPad
>
>     On Feb 27, 2015, at 5:53 PM, Road's End Farm
>     <organic87 at frontiernet.net <mailto:organic87 at frontiernet.net>> wrote:
>
>     I'm glad I didn't ask for mine till later -- very cold out there
>     right now, and I might not have been home to take it in instantly.
>

>     -- Rivka; Finger Lakes NY, Zone 6A now I think
>     Fresh-market organic produce, small scale
>     '
>     On Feb 27, 2015, at 6:33 PM, mikerock wrote:
>
>>     Our first package arrived today in good shape.
>>
>>     Mike
>>     --
>>     Rock Creek Mill & Heritage Farm, LLC
>>     N7297 County Road A