[Market-farming] Abnormal tomato plant development

Pam Twin Oaks pam at twinoaks.org
Sun Aug 30 11:42:49 EDT 2015

Millie,

Our Roma paste tomatoes had a near-drowning this spring. At first I thought
it was maybe the deadly bacterial blight. I blogged about it here:
http://www.sustainablemarketfarming.com/2015/07/14/bacterial-wilt-plants-drowning-onion-maggots-oh-my/
Our plants recovered, but then succumbed to fungal diseases. We got a
reasonable yield but an early end. Rather than lasting till the frost as
usual (mid-October) we are looking at having none after the end of August.
We are looking on the bright side, at the extra time it will give us to
look after other crops.

Pam Dawling, central Virginia

--
Pam Dawling

Author of Sustainable Market Farming, Intensive Vegetable Production on a
Few Acres
sustainablemarketfarming.com
facebook.com/SustainableMarketFarming
<https://www.facebook.com/SustainableMarketFarming>