[Market-farming] anyone using a CSA app that they like?

Kathryn Kerby kakerby at aol.com
Tue Apr 21 15:39:19 EDT 2015

We've got something of a cobbled-together ordering system for our farm
products, handled through a combination of our website, two different email
addresses, a distribution list and our listings on various websites such as
Local Harvest.  It's certainly not the most efficient system in the world,
and it's already starting to show some cracks as our ordering volumes creep
up over time.

A friend of mine is a programming nut and wants to get into creating apps.
She asked me what sort of app she could make for the farm.  Hmmm.  Something
to streamline this patchwork ordering system came to mind.  But then I got
to wondering if perhaps someone had already invented this particular wheel.

Is anyone on the list already using a CSA ordering app that they like?  If
so, what is it, what did it cost, and what are its strengths/weaknesses?  If
such a thing truly doesn't exist, or the apps out there really aren't making
the grade, let me know that too.  This might be an opportunity for a group
of us to design something from the ground up that will work nicely.  If
anyone has any suggestions, recommendations or referrals for existing apps,
I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks all!
Kathryn Kerby

Frogchorusfarm.com