[Market-farming] Pricing Ramps

Marlin Burkholder burkholders at glenecofarm.com
Sat Apr 18 22:00:47 EDT 2015

I sold a few of my ramps today at our farmers¹ market.  I had dug a nice
amount for myself with no intention to sell them.  Then I realized that the
weekend was coming up and I didn¹t want to stink in church so I decided to
sell the excess while they were still fresh and get myself a few more next
week.  I priced them at $3.00 for a bunch of fifteen.  The first person who
saw them snapped up the three bunches in one swoop.  She seemed glad to find
them and probably would have paid $5 bucks a bunch for them.  What I did
sell them for works out to about $18.00 per pound.
So I¹m going to be a little conservative with my harvest until the patch
gets well established.  It¹s beginning to look like they have the potential
of becoming a high value low maintenance early spring cash crop.