[Market-farming] Pricing Ramps

Sue Wells farmersue at myfairpoint.net
Fri Apr 17 07:02:51 EDT 2015

A ramp/ Wild leeks are the most delicious plant, kinda like an
onion/leek/garlic flavor. Ours grow in an area that has a creek and lots of
trees. And lots of rocks, and grow with the roots under tree roots. Very
hard to dig out the roots. Makes great soups, stirfries, other nice dishes
and etc.  They are only around for about a month. I have been told that
ramps have a purplish color where the wild leeks are white. I don't know if
this is true, I have both growing together.  I freeze a lot for winter
soups. Everything on them is good to eat, I don't eat the roots, though.

Sue

Vermont