[Market-farming] Scales for weighing asparagus and other produce?

Beth Spaugh lists at rhomestead.com
Sat Apr 4 19:53:37 EDT 2015

A lot of use use this :
http://www.webstaurantstore.com/tor-rey-l-pc-40l-40-pound-digital-price-computing-scale-legal-for-trade/166LPC40L.html
and this seems to be the best price.  One the other hand, how big/public
an operation are you?  With spears you will never be exact, so you could
just be sure to be a little generous  (and maybe take your scale to
another grower and compare weights with their legal scale), and get by.
You have to sell a good bit of asparagus to pay for this.  Don't know
how much other you grow and sell that would also benefit from a scale.

On 4/3/2015 4:00 PM, GarlicGrower wrote:

> Hi, Folks!
>
> This year our asparagus field will be old enough to start harvesting
> for sale.
>
> Suddenly realized that I’m going to have to weigh out asparagus in 8
> oz and 1 pound bundles and shouldn’t be using my little kitchen scale
> to do this.
>
> What type of scale should I look for and where?  I’m surfing
> Craigslist, but figured I should drop in here and get some advice, too.
>
> Thanks for the help!
>
> Dorene
>
> Dorene Pasekoff
>
> Hill Creek Farm