[Market-farming] Pick Your Own Black walnuts?

GarlicGrower garlicgrower at green-logic.com
Fri Sep 12 12:07:34 EDT 2014

Hi, Folks!

Like many formally abandoned farms around here, we have lots of black walnut
trees that produce like crazy.

Just got a call from someone that would like a bushel and is willing to
harvest them from the ground himself.  He asked what I charged as a
wholesale price.  I was so happy that he wanted them, I told him he could
take all he wanted and just make a donation to the farm. (Yes, I know there
are people who love them - too bitter for me!)

Is there a going price I should be charging?

Thanks

Dorene

Dorene Pasekoff

Hill Creek Farm