[Market-farming] drain for washing and packing shed

Etienne Goyer etienne at lejardinduvillage.ca
Tue Oct 28 10:25:47 EDT 2014

Just small comment.

On 14-10-28 08:22 AM, Andy Fellenz wrote:
> Right now, the water just drains off the side of the building and down
> the hill.  I'll be putting in a piece of perforated drain line this fall
> to take it away from the building.  When I do this, I'll install a small
> catch basin at the transition to allow even more soil to settle out of
> the water before the wash water enters the perforated drain line.

I am actually building a washing and packing area.  For the drain, I
decided to go with regular sewer line (the 4" white ABS pipe).  It more
expensive, but I fear a perforated drain would accumulate soil particle
and muck in the concentric grooves, and would thus tend to block.

Just sayin'.

--
Etienne Goyer  -  Le Jardin du Village
http://lejardinduvillage.wordpress.com