[Market-farming] Planting high tunnel carrots in November?

elaine granata elainegranata at msn.com
Thu Nov 13 14:08:13 EST 2014

Marlin:  Read somewhere about Elliot Coleman's "Persephone date" - the date
when you no longer have 10 hours of sunlight.  After that date he says you
can't get much to germinate and grow.  I computed mine for Nov 10th in
Denver - yours may be later in VA, but you are pushing the line.  But if you
have time and  seed it might be worth an experiment - I figure a lot of
farming is experimentation.

Elaine

Denver