[Market-farming] Fava Beans anyone? Market pricing and quantities

Barking Cat Farm barkingcatfarm at mindspring.com
Wed May 21 13:48:21 EDT 2014

Like Andrea, we sell them for $2.50/# in the pod, both wholesale to restaurants and to retail customers.

We considered trying to open up the sheller to its widest setting and trying to shell some, but they're best shelled when they are to be used. The white-ish bean cover turns brownish. Would like to hear from anybody who has had a different experience and how they kept the shelled ones looking good.

Laurie Bostic
Owner/Farmer
Barking Cat Farm
Heath & West Tawakoni, Texas