[Market-farming] Pepper seedlings with fused seed leaves

Shoemaker, William H wshoemak at illinois.edu
Fri Mar 21 10:12:17 EDT 2014

In my experience, it is the result of conditions inside the seed during development, perhaps poor energy availability, lack of water or other important developmental processes. I've worked with breeding peppers so have grown thousands of plants from seeds I produced, and its more common on plants that struggled to mature fruit.

I've done the same, cut them apart. They see to do fine most of the time.

Bill

William H. Shoemaker

Retired fruit and vegetable horticulturist

University of Illinois

wshoemak at illinois.edu<mailto:wshoemak at illinois.edu>