[Market-farming] Winter Root Prices

stonecirclefarm tds.net stonecirclefarm at tds.net
Tue Mar 18 13:28:55 EDT 2014

One option for wholesale baby carrots is to charge by the count rather than
the pound.  I sell wholesale baby carrots in 100 count cases (with tops but
NOT bunched) to chefs.  The equivalent price per pound actually ends up
being higher than (most) farmers market prices.  100 baby carrots is
somewhere around 5 lbs (maybe a bit more, sometimes a bit less).  I sell
100 count cases at $20 to $25 per case.  Baby carrots do not store well so
this is not a winter market option.  -John