[Market-farming] Bedformers/Sidedressers

Mark Weinheimer mrw601 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 13:41:20 EST 2014

For a bedformer, on our very stony, heavy soil, we use a Rain-Flo.  It is
very robustly built and handles even large stones pretty well.  We have
broken the center fillers several times and once twisted one of the
moldboard mounts out of shape, when it hit a huge stone.  We also use it to
apply Biotelo biodegradeable plastic mulch while making beds.  It is a well
built, simple, reliable, machine.  If you are farming stony ground, learn
to weld and use a torch.  You will break equipment.
I've used IHC side dressers on a Farmall Super A.  They work great, so long
as they are thoroughly cleaned after every use, especially with salts like
sulpomag or standard chemical fertilizers. I agree that the straighter the
hoses, the fewer problems that result.
Good luck,
Mark