[Market-farming] Figuring out a delivery fee

Etienne Goyer etienne at lejardinduvillage.ca
Mon Jun 30 06:46:17 EDT 2014

Similar here.  I only service two small restaurants in a nearby town,
and I currently do not charge.  Starting next year, if/when I get to set
up an actual delivery route with more accounts, there will be a minimum
order amount for the delivery (I'm thinking 50$), with 4% discount for
order over 100$, and 10% for order over 200$.

On 14-06-29 07:43 PM, Richard Stewart wrote:
> We do not charge.  We group together clients and have two primary
> delivery days:  Monday and Thursday. THis way we group everyone
> together.  We drop of a single one pound order of micros at a tiny vegan
> place and then a large order at a national hotel chain.  On Thursday we
> make a minimum of six drops and sometimes as many as 15.
>
> If you want a delivery on other days we simply set a minimum purchase
> amount.  Example:  100.00 within 10 miles.  140.00 between 10 and 15 and
> so on.
>
> We have found that we are not competing against other farmers.  We are
> all competing against Sysco and U.S. Foods.  Make it simple for your
> client.  Do not charge a delivery fee.
>
> Richard Stewart
> Carriage House Farm
> North Bend, Ohio
>
> An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855
>
> (513) 967-1106
> http://www.carriagehousefarmllc.com
> rstewart at zoomtown.com <mailto:rstewart at zoomtown.com>
>
> You can follow us on Facebook or on Twitter @CarriageHsFm
>
> */P/*lease consider the environment before printing this e-mail
>

> On Jun 29, 2014, at 5:59 PM, garlicgrower at green-logic.com
> <mailto:garlicgrower at green-logic.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi, Folks!
>>
>> How do you guys determine a delivery fee to restaurants?  I now have a
>> 3^rd  chef that wants to buy from me.  Since they are 18 miles/30
>> minutes away from me, they asked what my delivery fee would be.  (The
>> other two chefs are in my neighborhood, so a delivery fee hasn’t come up.)
>>
>> How does one charge a delivery fee?  By mileage?  By time?
>>

>> Thanks for the input – I need it!
>>
>> Dorene Pasekoff
>> Hill Creek Farm
>> Pottstown, PA