[Market-farming] Minisplit vs. Window unit for Coolbot; noise level?

Richard Moyer ramoyer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 13:54:36 EDT 2014

Apologies for crosslisting:  We need to buy the AC unit now for our
coldroom, other components in place.  Window unit or minisplit?

Minisplit is much more quiet, and much more expensive.  But this is below
our bedroom, so we want exterior noise and vibrations at a minimum. We
sleep with the windows open--how do we price a good night's sleep?

How often does the compressor kick on at night, with a coolbot-window unit
combo?  (Our cold room is well insulated: floor, walls, etc.)

Thanks,
Richard Moyer
SW VA--grateful for recent rains