[Market-farming] Snowpeas, hoophouse squash

Pam Twin Oaks pam at twinoaks.org
Fri Jun 13 13:58:17 EDT 2014

Thanks for the suggestions of Blizzard and Oregon Giant snowpeas. I'll try
those next year.

About pollination problems with squash in the hoophouse - we're having the
same trouble. Could try the paintbrush, I guess. Zephyr is a pretty squash,
tending to be skinny. There are some parthenocarpic summer squash and
zucchini (not requiring pollination). We tried Partenon one year, but then
thought the extra price wasn't worthwhile. Now I'm thinking it was!

Pam

--
Pam Dawling

Author of Sustainable Market Farming, Intensive Vegetable Production on a
Few Acres
sustainablemarketfarming.com
facebook.com/SustainableMarketFarming
<https://www.facebook.com/SustainableMarketFarming>