[Market-farming] Squash problem in hoop

Jay Sleichter jaysleichter at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 12 00:37:52 EDT 2014

Agreed Parthenon is a great variety for high tunnels, my only problem is they never last all season.  I pick for a long season, but I plant other plantings outside the tunnels. Other parthenocarpic varieties I have tried and also grow, Perfect Pick and Cavali ( a light green zucchini, good flavor and very crisp even raw). I have been growing the parthenocarpic varieties for 5 years now, even outside the tunnels and I am very happy with them and I don't have to worry about pollination all the time.

This is Parthenon, I direct seeded these into a movable tunnel in early August and I was harvesting in 30 days.  There are 5 rows, 1 foot between plants about 150 plants in here.    Kinda tight, but you can really produce bunches of zucchini!

jrslick's image

   jrslick's image
This photo was uploaded by jrslick.
View on s587.photobucket.com Preview by Yahoo

Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas
www.jaysjellies.com