[Market-farming] Packing Room drain and grey water question

Andy Fellenz artisanfarms at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 06:48:26 EDT 2014

I put a slat drain like you are describing in my packshed and it works
well.  Most of the soil in the water settles out into the slat drain and
can be scooped out.  I am in the process of improving the connection to the
drain tile which carries the water away and when I do, I'll add a trap at
this point to get most of the remaining soil.

In my area, Soil & Water which is responsible for leach fields and septic,
told me that I do not need to run my rinse water through the septic
system.  Check with your town/county what the rules are in your area as you
may be required to run all water through your septic system.

Andy