[Market-farming] farm stand security now locally grown

Richard Stewart rstewart at zoomtown.com
Wed Jul 16 10:36:40 EDT 2014

Yes, we have plenty of local food support.  We have a SLOW Food Chapter, and Edible Ohio Valley magazine, Cincinnati Locavores.  Till recently though the west side of Cincinnati has been traditionally tight fisted when it comes to vegetables.  That has been slowly changing, especially as we get our name out via Facebook and events.  Right now we have a single 3 hour market to test the waters and get people used to the idea that we have a point of sale on the farm.  We look to grow this slowly over the next twelves months and then really push it going into 2016.  THe big issue is drive by traffic.  Our neighbor will have their lot full at 2 PM on a Tuesday afternoon…because they have sweet corn.  Everything else is secondary to sweet corn.  Its crazy.  They are only open for three months out of the year though.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855