[Market-farming] cameras for farmstand security

Beth Spaugh lists at rhomestead.com
Mon Jul 7 22:53:26 EDT 2014

For years folks told me I had a great location for a farmstand, but we
didn't do it because I thought the demographics of our drive-bys was poor
(village that folks would be coming from has high crime rate).  We went
ahead and put up a farmstand this year, making it self-serve.  We are losing
close to 50%.

The farmstand does not have electricity or cable, but we do now have cell
service.  Anyone know of a camera system that would work in those
conditions. Needs to be motion-activated. Could be as "simple" as something
that saves to a media card (which is what the ones I've found that don't
require cable hookup do), and I would check after the fact to see who didn't
pay, to something that would link to my cell phone and I could talk to folks
(and see them???) when they come in.  Thinking have one by the cash box and
one aimed at license plates.

Beth Spaugh

Rehoboth Homestead, Peru NY

Wendell Berry