[Market-farming] McEnroe Farms Potting Soil

Frank Ventura frank.dragonflyfarms at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 13:40:39 EST 2014

We are trying to decide which organic compost based potting soil to purchase this season to use for our vegetable starts.

We are considering McEnroe Farms from Millerton, NY.   (http://www.mcenroeorganicfarm.com/composting/growing)  Has anyone used their potting soils before?  I spoke with someone who did use them but it was a number of years ago and he recalls the farm having trouble with the blends but doesn’t remember the specific issue.  I would hope any issues back then would have been resolved by now.  Their prices are very reasonable for 1 and 2 ton sling bags.

There is always Vermont Compost but that will cost me at least a $1000 more for my needs.