[Market-farming] time budget info for various field crops?

Richard Robinson rrobinson at nasw.org
Sun Jan 12 17:40:40 EST 2014

Some adventurous person might want to consider using a digital voice recorder in the field, feeding into a spread sheet via Dragon. I'd think once it learns your voice, you could get very high accuracy for field dictation for the relatively few words (cucumber, pound, etc) that would be needed. If dictated in the same order each time, with appropriate voice commands (next cell, etc) you could probably fill in a detailed spreadsheet entirely from the voice recorder. Unlike computers, digital recorders are pretty tough, and would likely survive very well in a dirty pocket. And they fit in the dirty pocket.

  Richard Robinson
  www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/
  Hopestill Farm
  www.hopestill.com