[Market-farming] time budget info for various field crops?

Etienne Goyer etienne at lejardinduvillage.ca
Sun Jan 12 17:20:05 EST 2014

Hey Kathryn!

Thanks for the note-taking-resolution peer support.  I'll surely think
about you when going my notes.  And I'd love to share my notes with you
all, but ... I doubt you will be able to read them in French!  :D

On 14-01-12 12:27 PM, Kathryn Kerby wrote:
> Richard, interesting that you found tomatoes and lettuce to be two of
> your “cash cows”.  I dearly adore tomatoes but had almost relegated them
> to the category of “expensive” on the assumption that they were
> relatively time-intensive.  I seem to spend more time coddling them than
> just about anything else.

I think you can coax tomatoes into yielding really profitably only if
you grow them in high tunnel, and then, only if you use fairly
performant cultivars.  But take it with a grain of salt, I'm just a
beginner.

--
Etienne Goyer  -  Le Jardin du Village
http://lejardinduvillage.wordpress.com