[Market-farming] LED lighting for high tunnels

Gary Scott twinspringsfarmva at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 12:37:21 EST 2014

I have been looking at adding LED grow lights for one of my high tunnels.
The brand I am looking at is LumiGrow, from my reading and discussions with
other companies, they seem to be the top of the line. There is no way I can
make the ROI work in lighting a whole tunnel, I can basically buy two more
high tunnels for the investment.

I intend to replace older HID lights that have been effective fro growing
plugs, but are very inefficient. The LumiGrow Por 325 light delivers 2X the
red and blue PAR of a 1000 Watt HID light while it consumes 40% less
energy. Dealing directly with the company I have been given a quote that is
about 30% off distributor companies like Farmtec. They also make LED strip
lights.

I am curious if there is anyone out there using LED for growing plugs or
for full high tunnel lighting.

Thanks

--
*Gary Scott*