[Market-farming] Greenhouse design?

Aaron Brower aaronbrower at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 8 20:43:40 EST 2014

I've put up a few high tunnels from Rimol and have been pleased.
Most tunnels come as a kit that you put up yourself. I don't think it will take much to 'design' it with your dimensions.

30' wide is a standard size. For your length you just need enough bows to reach your length. Most bows are spaced at 4' but some are 5'. So at 4' spacing you would need 7 bows to reach 24' length or 6 bows at 5' to reach your 25'. There are a few ways to deal with that missing foot with the 4' spacing...
Give Rimol or ledgewood or whoever a call and they should be able to give you a quote relatively quickly. If you are price shopping, make sure prices factor in all the hardware (fasteners and such) and whether they are pre-dilled or not. A couple years ago a friend bought a farm tek tunnel thinking he could save money over my rimol but it wasn't pre-drilled and didn't come with a lot of miscellaneous parts that really add to the cost.

Aaron
N. Michigan