[Market-farming] Cover oats etc

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Fri Jan 3 12:43:18 EST 2014

On Jan 3, 2014, at 12:09 PM, moon at ceva.net wrote:

>  Hi All,
> I have used horse feed oats as cover, much cheaper then field, same.

I tried that one year. The feed oats had occasional corn kernels mixed through the batch; presumably not in enough quantity to be a problem for anyone using them as feed, but it was definitely a problem for me, as there was no way to find out if it was GMO corn so I had to presume that it was.

If you don't mind finding GMO's mixed into your cover crop, of course, then that's not a problem for you.