[Market-farming] price green tomatoe

clearviewfarm at bluefrog.com clearviewfarm at bluefrog.com
Sat Aug 23 16:56:02 EDT 2014

A dollar/pound is too little unless you are trying to move a pile at seasons end.  I don't even get $4 for red and wouldn't give the greens away for a buck.   I started out at $3/lb. Then eventually dropped to $2.  I also put them in pints and quarts and convert the per pound price to pint or quart prices.

Kurt Forman
Clearview Farm
Palmyra, NY 14522
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.