[Market-farming] Managing Crown Rot in Asparagus when You're trying to be organic

GarlicGrower garlicgrower at green-logic.com
Mon Aug 4 16:50:32 EDT 2014

Hi, Folks!

I suspect I’ve got crown rot/fusariam in my asparagus.  I’ve been reading most of the Asparagus Bulletins from New England and it seems to be something that everyone who grows asparagus deals with.  Not certified, but trying to be organic.

Any suggestions to try out or other websites to read?

I’m on heavy clay soil in Southeastern PA.  It’s only Year 2 for this asparagus and there hasn’t been anything but field corn grown in this field for the last 20 years.

(If you have time, check out the new sig/website/blog for the farm!)

Thanks!

Dorene

Dorene Pasekoff

Hill Creek Farm