[Market-farming] Silage tarps ala Fortier

Allan Balliett allan.balliett at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 19:39:59 EDT 2014

Pam - Did you find instructions or pointers in Fortier's book on how to
make your own vacuum seeder? Hopefully, it's something I overlooked with my
tendency to read books through the index rather than page-by-page.
Otherwise, it's strange to bring up the idea of a do-it-yourself tool  in a
how-to-do-it book without giving one some idea of how to do it!

When he talked about the tarps, did he mention what finished size he uses?
In the book, I'd swear it was a 100ft tarp wide enough to cover a 3 ft bed
(4t I'd assume) but 24ft wide is the narrowest I can find in the US.I'd
sure like to know what he's advocating.

Thanks, Pam - Allan in WV