[Market-farming] Silage tarps ala Fortier

Pam Twin Oaks pam at twinoaks.org
Tue Apr 15 17:03:39 EDT 2014

Etienne and others looking into silage tarps: I went to a workshop given by
Jean-Martin Fortier at the Virginia Biofarming Conference. There he said it
is important that the tarps don't let water through. So, the Texsol might
not work as well. If it does, let us know. I'm happy to know that in the US
the tarps are sold as silage covers. that will speed my search. Thank you.

I am very much enjoying reading Jean-Martin's book and will review it on my
website  when I reach the end.

"Occultation" is an awkward word in English. Apparently it's used in
astronomy to mean blocking light from reaching another planet. It's
technically pretty accurate. I can't think of a more common word we could
use.

Pam

--
Pam Dawling

Author of Sustainable Market Farming, Intensive Vegetable Production on a
Few Acres
sustainablemarketfarming.com
facebook.com/SustainableMarketFarming<https://www.facebook.com/SustainableMarketFarming>