[Market-farming] Moving the Small Farm?

Far Out Gardens faroutgarden at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 08:55:52 EDT 2014

We are moving a to a new location in Colorado about 371 miles away over 2 high mountain passes….about an 7-8 hour drive.  Our farm is small, we have a small 1964 IH tractor, 2 plows, plastic mulch layer, mowers, tiller, hoes, wheelbarrows, wagons, harvesting containers and on and on as well as all the household goods.

Any suggestions on how to move in an economical fashion.  I confirmed with my insurance agent that neither household nor vehicle insurance will cover the goods in transit.  The new property does not have any barns or outbuildings (other than a large high tunnel greenhouse, oh boy oh boy), so I was thinking of buying a shipping container and arranging for someone to haul it.  Any other ideas?

Sheila
Far Out Gardens