[Market-farming] farm transition ideas?

alicia best bestici at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 14 15:18:36 EDT 2014

I have been farming for over 10 years now.  I don't have land of my own, don't come from a farming background, don't have a partner, or an immediate family.  I have been blessed enough to find land to work on and learn skills.  And I want to farm.  My mentors are childless and would like their lives' work, their farm, to stay a working farm.  They would like to also stay on the farm.  We are working together to see if there is a way for me to purchase their farm from them, however, I am not a wealthy woman.
I am reaching out to this group to see if anyone is familiar with a similar situation.  Or has any thoughts on how such a farm transfer could take place.    Happy Spring.