[Market-farming] Insurance for the trailers

Richard Moyer ramoyer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 13:23:45 EDT 2014

> Michelle,

I'll be loading compost today, for a 30-mile trip back home.  A week ago I
had a trailer 'mishap', but fortunately no injury to me or truck/trailer,
and all made it home OK.

Got me thinking about options.  Got estimates last weekend from previous
guys who hauled and spread compost on our pastures; compost we also use on
cultivated ground.
Then talked with a neighbor who hauls/logs/digs, etc. Was a more leisurely
Sunday afternoon conversation, where he gradually shared of a huge pile of
compost, free for hauling, only 4 miles away.  And the reality that I could
buy a spreader for the price of one year's worth of paying others do it all
when hauling from 30 miles away.  My time is also an issue, but this
creative neighbor, who makes a living doing more with less, is asking me to
think closer to home.

Don't know if any of the above fits your situation, but sharing your
needs/challenges with enough people might scare up more options.  Which is
what you're doing now!

Richard Moyer
SW VA