[Market-farming] Firm Market Start Times? Pros and Cons?

Sue Wells farmersue at myfairpoint.net
Sun Apr 6 18:49:53 EDT 2014

I have been a vendor at Markets that have set selling times. I hated it. The
Market manager was very rude and got very nasty when customers tried buying
early. This made me very upset, and I have lost many sales over this. Some
people see the Market and don't have the time to wait. My Markets have a lot
of tourists and sometimes they need to get traveling on.

yes, it is an inconvenience to have people sometimes buying early before  we
are set up, but I get there early and try my best.  At one of my Markets, if
the customers start coming in an hour before the Market is really open, that
means that day is going to be super busy. This is a Sunday Market and it
doesn't really start until 10:30AM. This is late for many people.

But, my opinion, sell when you can, and bring lots to sell!

Sue

Vermont