[Market-farming] ? about moon phase planting (Richard Robinson)

Roots Farm karen at rootsfarm.info
Thu Oct 31 19:21:54 EDT 2013

Since some insect life cycles (as well as those of fish,  human women, likely many more life forms) are notably tied to moon cycles, it is not hard to imagine that some selective advantage could be enjoyed by "sensitivity" that produced the most vulnerable plant stage(s) at a time when insect pest not a problem.

Also, it has been demonstrated that the uptake of water by seeds is significantly different at different phases of moon.  Re beans:  http://www.plantphysiol.org/content/84/3/707.full.pdf

And, I think that a case can be made for "tidal" influences in any water-containing being -- including humans -- but maybe the effect is most often drowned out by the cacophony of manmade, unsubtle influences.

And, with so many new boggling discoveries re the importance of plant (and human)  bacterial and fungal components, perhaps we must ask whether these life forms are tied to moon phases and thus influence their symbiant.

So interesting.  Thank you all.

Karen

Roots Farm Organic Produce
Fruits, Roots, Vegetables & Herbs