[Market-farming] GM sweet corn

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Thu Oct 31 13:49:15 EDT 2013

On Oct 31, 2013, at 11:38 AM, Richard Robinson wrote:

> On 10/31/2013 at 11:36:55 AM, idyllwild farm wrote:
>
>> And I just used to guarantee a worm in every year,
>> which really drew organic folks.
>
> "It's a bug AND a feature!"
>
>  Richard Robinson

Years ago, I was part of a growers' coop, and we were interviewing for
a new sales manager.

The interviewing committee told the rest of us that one candidate said
that he had been produce manager at a city grocery store; and, when a
load of wormy sweet corn came in, he put up a big sign,

"Make sure you get an ear with a worm in it! The worms know which ones
are sweetest!"

and the corn supposedly sold out in short order.

I always wondered what happened the next week or month when the corn
they had for sale wasn't wormy.