[Market-farming] ? about moon phase planting

Guy Ashmore guy at thatguysfamilyfarm.com
Mon Oct 28 17:42:07 EDT 2013

Hi Karen,

We use two different Bio-dynamic calenders. We feel it makes it as simple
or as complex as the follower is up to with their experience and time.

All seeding, transplanting and harvesting dates are listed, along with many
other suggestions.

 I know ACRES USA carries them both .

 They have been very helpful,
Guy

Hearing it both ways:
>    All transplanting -- including above ground crops -- done as moon
> waning.
>    Transplanting  of above ground crops best when moon waxing.
>
> Actually, am hearing even more confusions than this.  Does anyone have a
> credible system for maximizing good results re planting, transplanting,
> other garden tasks according to moon that may be amenable to tropics as
> well as temperate zone?  Or even just a really clear set of principles
> (that have been tested) that could be adapted?  Biodynamic methodologies
> interesting & likely prime, but just feel too complex for time/mind
> available.
>
> Any other thoughts/experience re moon-savvy planting?
>
> Thanks and best wishes,
>
> Karen
>
> *
> Roots Farm Organic Produce