[Market-farming] farmstand potato packaging

Beth Spaugh lists at rhomestead.com
Mon Oct 21 21:39:41 EDT 2013

New to farmstand this year.  How do folks keep potatoes from turning green?
I tried bagging 2 lbs in standard brown bags, but they still turn green
(yes, the little stand is very slow this fall, so they may sit there a week
- want it to look full you know).  We will probably build a box on a shelf
for quarts for next year, but I am looking also at 5 lb bags or 2 to 3 pound
bags.  Online I see clear plastic and mesh, and plastic wrap.  Haven't been
able to discern if any of these block the wavelengths that cause greening or
if they just depend on fast turnover.

Thank you.

Beth Spaugh

Rehoboth Homestead, Peru NY