[Market-farming] the market gardener (book)

Etienne Goyer etienne at lejardinduvillage.ca
Sun Oct 6 08:17:58 EDT 2013

Hello everyone,

Some time ago I wrote on this listserv about a crowdsourcing project
aiming at translating from French the book of Jean-Martin Fortier, which
has had a huge success first in Québec and more recently in France.
Turns out the project was a success, the translation is now done, and
it's expected to be published and available in the North American market
shortly.

    http://www.themarketgardener.com/

Given I discussed the project in the past, I thought it would be good to
let you know of the progress.  It's something I am very enthusiastic
about.  La Grelinette growing system is a very interesting one, and
while I don't necessarily farm the same way, I find a lot of inspiration
in this book nonetheless.  The book has this positive, can-do attitude
that reminds me quite a bit of Coleman.  It's the kind of book you need
to read when you just start up.

Anyway, there seems to be a flurry of book on small-scale organic
vegetable growing coming out lately.  I've got the one of Pam Dawling on
my Amazon wishlist to read next winter; as I understand it, it's based
on her excellent serie of articles in Market Grower magazine.

The local food revolution march on.  We live in interesting time.

--
Etienne Goyer  -  Le Jardin du Village
http://lejardinduvillage.wordpress.com