[Market-farming] Dogs at the market

Burke Farm burkefarm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 13:01:12 EDT 2013

We attend 2 markets.

The smaller one allows (well behaved, leashed) dogs.  The most common
issue is aggression between dogs.

The larger one (60 vendors) doesn't, for all the reasons listed by
others + lawyerly city planning types worried about liability on the
committee.

Another good sized area market, where we are not vendors, does allow
them.  It's also a block from a dog park.

I an a dog owner but not a dog enthusiast. I can see both sides of
this issue.  In the "produce is all contaminated until proven
otherwise" direction that regulations seem to be headed, I think dogs
at the market will eventually be a thing of the past.

Lisa Burke
Farming Engineers
Central IN z5b