[Market-farming] foliar sprays

david purpura davepurpura at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 25 14:07:58 EDT 2013

I can tell you one thing, you don't want to get that fish anywhere near anything leafy.  Yikes.  I'd assume the same would hold true for anything like tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, once they begin fruiting.  I use it a lot for transplanting, and for drenching onions, garlic, etc, but don't spray it.  I think you're better off with a good soil test and paying attention to what's going on in the ground...

dave

<<What materials do you want to spray?

     Not sure yet.  I've heard of folks using a variety of materials from
mineral sulfates of various sorts to various organic materials like  liquid
fish.

<<Has the water been tested?

     Yes, no toxic or organic materials.

-- I don't think the question is so much how the material is applied, as it
is what it is that you're applying.

-- Rivka; Finger Lakes NY, Zone 6A now I think Fresh-market organic produce,
small scale

End of Market-farming Digest, Vol 122, Issue 20