[Market-farming] drop spreader

Ryan Wood-Beauchamp woodbeau at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 14:47:54 EST 2013

Richard,

We're planning on a drop spreader because we're transitioning to permanent
beds with permanent sod pathways.  I don't have a grain drill for seeding
cover crop seeds, and I figured that a drop spreader would be able to seed
cover crop as well as spread amendments right on the bed, as opposed to a
spin spreader that would apply amendments to the sod strips as well.
 Applying right to the bed would cut down on the amount of amendments that
we would need to spread, and maintaining lower fertility in the pathways
would, I hope, help reduce the growth of the grass to minimize mowing.

-Ryan