[Market-farming] another kind of tsunami

Jay Sleichter jaysleichter at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 6 10:13:50 EST 2013

If produce had to be in refrigerated at all times (even when being sold) wouldn't that effectively kill the Farmers Markets in Ohio? It wouldn't be economical to have refrigerated displays that you could easily move for Farmers Markets.

Also, all this GAP's talk truly pertains only if you are selling to restaurants and wholesale?  It isn't required to sell directly to the consumer.  I do many of the things, but to be 100% compliant, it would probably be cost prohibitive and put me out of business (due to the size I am).

 I am really behind on the learning curve with this. Probably because I have not heard it mentioned much in Kansas.

Jay