[Market-farming] Ginger - anyone else get shorted on their order?

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Tue Mar 5 10:12:57 EST 2013

On Mar 5, 2013, at 9:25 AM, Etienne Goyer wrote:

> Seriously, if seed ginger is unavailable or cost-prohibitive, I
> will just buy a crate of food-grade organic one when I get around to
> it.

Disease isn't the only potential problem with that. There are
different strains of ginger; some of them most likely do better in the
North (or the relative North) than others, and I doubt there's any way
to tell what you're getting if you buy it marketed as food. While I
did try this for a small sample, on the grounds that if I got anything
out of it whatsoever it would be a good sign, I wouldn't have used
seed of an unknown variety for any sizeable crop.