[Market-farming] Ginger - anyone else get shorted on their order?

Wiediger, Alison alison.wiediger at hart.kyschools.us
Tue Mar 5 08:44:48 EST 2013

Amen Lori!  And, for what it is worth, we had about 15 row feet in a high tunnel that had not been dug.  Paul dug it last week in preparation for spring planting in that tunnel, planning to sell it at our first few spring markets.  It was gorgeous.  Fat, solid, and growing points starting to show.  As with seed potatoes, I would prefer to purchase certified seed stock because of disease issues showing up over time, but we will probably plant some of what we dug last week to fill out our rows and evaluate it at the end of the season for productivity. Not an ideal situation for anybody...  But, hey, we're farmers, we'll get through it!

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm