[Market-farming] Ginger - anyone else get shorted on their order?

Lori sands tchfrch at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 5 08:33:06 EST 2013

I'm grateful to be getting any ginger! Tough on East Branch-- she is so nice and helpful, I'm sorry this happens to her... FYI everyone-- I saved back some rhizomes over the 2011-2012 winter and they sprouted and grew just fine last season. I also found a wooden box outside with ginger still planted in it last February--after our not-very-severe winter of 2011-2012, and the rhizomes were solid, in fine shape and also grew ok. They overwintered apparently down to about -2 with no protection except they were kind of in a sheltered area behind our small hoop.Last week I found a couple of leftover rhizomes in the high tunnel, about 6 inches under 2 were definitely awful, but one was in good shape.  Slightly soft, but viable.  hmmmm..Luckily I have good rhizomes saved from last season and stored in peat in our cellar. (western PA, zone 5 ish) Lori