[Market-farming] Ginger - anyone else get shorted on their order?

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Sun Mar 3 14:05:41 EST 2013

It's my impression that rather than cutting some people out entirely
they're instead going to short everybody.

I was shorted a much smaller percentage, but I'd only put in a very
small experimental order: I ordered 5 pounds and have been notified
I'll be getting three. Maybe that's the minimum they're cutting people
down to; or maybe the percentage varies with the variety -- I ordered
the Yellow Hawaiian as that was the only ginger left by the time I
placed the order, although it had only been two days since they'd
opened orders.

Last year I couldn't get any at all and tried buying organic ginger at
an area grocery; almost none of it germinated, and what did germinate
produced only a very small crop, though I don't know whether that had
to do with the variety (I have no idea what variety it was) or with
the growing conditions.